200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
This training, developed and led by Lara Heimann, MS, PT, RYT 500, is rooted in the study of anatomy, alignment, and creative movement. Lara combines her knowledge of physical therapy and functional exercise with her love of classical vinyasa and movement, the essence of the YogaStream method. She teaches from a strong foundation of anatomy and body mechanics (and love for handstands!), helping you grow individually and advance your personal practice.
In this training, you will learn to tap into your creativity,
Teacher Training Menu
- Postures/Asanas: English and Sanskrit names, muscular involvement, proper alignment, adjustments, modifications; beginner and advanced asanas including arm balances and inversions
- Anatomy: skeleton, muscles, tendons, ligaments, common yoga injuries
- Teaching Methodology: observing, speaking, structuring a class, sequencing a flow
- Theory: 8 branches of yoga, including meditation and overall goal of yoga throughout history
- Importance of Physical and Spiritual Core, including breath and Bandha work
- Art of Adjustments, the non-verbal instruction
- Philosophy: Yamas/Niyamas, teacher ethics, yogic life/food choices
- Practicum: practice teaching in groups and individually
- Yoga for Special Populations
- Business and Ethics of Yoga
Newsletter Sign up for the latest news, tips & inspiration from Lara!
"YogaStream is a yoga revolution in the yoga world. It combines classical yoga with kinesiology and anatomy. The intense yet intelligent sequences always help me to enter the meditative state of mind quickly. With the knowledge that I have learned from the teacher training, I am able to help people with their posture, alignment and to design an appropriate exercise to reduce their physical pain and improve their overall well-being. I feel so strong and capable that I can change the whole world."
"Your class was invigorating. Surprised to learn with proper alignment, I could do a lot more poses with ease - testament to what a great teacher you are! Studio is nice, lots of unique classes such as stretch and melt. Love the stuff from contemplate. Looking forward to my next class to continue to deepen my practice."
-Recent Newcomer, December 2017
"I am stronger both physically and mentally. I have faced my fear of talking and teaching in front of multiple people. I find myself being able to express myself more clearly both on and off the mat. The only thing I wish was that I could do it all over again-I didn’t want it to end."
"This training went way above and beyond my expectations—I expected to learn about yoga, but in reality I also learned about myself and about challenge and compassion as well. Not to mention meeting all the amazing people in our group. It was a once in a lifetime experience. It truly changed my life."